Sunday, September 6, 2009

Lifetime: Television for Watching Ironically!

Although if there's one thing Lifetime is good for, it's showing bizarre movies starring Valerie Bertinelli about former Lohan-esque starlets who go to rehab and then go into hiding in Indiana and...stuff. And of course now Lifetime is also good for Project Runway.

But! crazy cheesy movies make for excellent time spent knitting! and I'm making real progress on my St. James sweater. I love love love love love top-down knitting. this is so fun, this project actually looks like a sweater now and I can try it on and see how it's turning out and it's not a big huge mess like that ill-begotten cardigan was! hallelujah! This thing is gonna look super cute.

Just for the sake of keeping track for myself: I finished the raglan shaping, put the sleeves on waste yarn, and doing a few rounds of stockinette on the body before I start the first bit of shaping. woohoo!

tonight's Joanspiration on Mad Men was woefully lacking, but Christina Hendricks still looks supermegafoxyawesomehot, and great in turquoise. Also, Sal in his jammies. that scene killed me in several different ways. oh lord. I ought to go to bed, but I want to make a bit more progress on this sweater before I sign off. hooray for motivation!

No comments:

Post a Comment