Monday, September 14, 2009

Stitch 'n Pitch 2009

WOO! I actually went to and (GASP) enjoyed a baseball game! those of you who know me irl know that I hate baseball so much. But! watching baseball while KNITTING, that is another thing altogether. Also, the Cards actually won tonight, so that made it more fun.

Goodie Bag! Here's what I got:
2 cross-stitch patterns
1 cute jacket pattern "Sierra" in KidLin
1 basic men's sweater pattern, "Jonathan"
1 July/August issue Crochet Today
1 October issue Knit 'n Style
1 booklet of cardigan patterns of Virevolte yarn. totally 80s!
1 Louisa Harding pattern book which I actually already have a copy of from Myers House
1 Go Red Heart scarf pattern designed for Stitch 'n Pitch events
1 brochure telling me how great Manos Del Uruguay yarn is, as if I didn't already know. ha ha
1 brochure promoting Heifer International, good folks, them.
A ton of coupons for the various sponsoring LYSes
1 point protector which looks too much like a twizzler bite and I really wish it was, so I could eat it
1 ChiaoGoo 9mm bamboo crochet hook (well, I've got to re-learn sometime!)
1 set size 9 ChiaoGoo bamboo DPNs, 6"
1 skein Lamb's Pride worsted in a shade of pink that almost EXACTLY matches the shirt I wore to the game! Mom also received a skein of something cotton that matched her shirt! it was madness!

I also caught a ball of black Berocco eyelash yarn, and who knows what I'll use that for.

more importantly! I made a TON of progress on my St. James sweater! or should I say, my totally sexy Joan Holloway sweater that is red red red and super cute. I was able to try it on not once but Twice! at the game to see how it was coming along, and it's going great, fits nicely, and my adjusted decreased seemed to work out well. I did the first half of them with only 2 rounds between decrease rounds, and the second half with 3 rounds between. Now I'm going strong on the plain stockinette portion, and wondering if I should shorten that and get to the increases sooner because 1) I am short and 2) I have a tummy. we shall see! but for now, I'm extremely pleased with what I've accomplished.

Top-down knitting is so great! I never want to knit a sweater in pieces ever again! I will not be making that mistake! This is so much more fun. and not drudgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment