Monday, January 25, 2010

BLOCKING:

This is the first time I have properly washed and blocked a lace scarf (the Juliet being my first lace scarf), and after leaving it unblocked and soft and cushy for months I finally got up the courage to bite the bullet and do it.

Here is a before pic:
IMG_1134

I have learned several things:
1) This silk gets incredibly stinky when wet. Hopefully the smell will dissipate when it dries, good lord.

2) There are never enough pins, not in the entire world.

3) No-one will be able to iron shirts in the morning.

4) Despite not being wool, this pattern still opens up LIKE CRAZY.

Blocking Action Shots:


IMG_1145

IMG_1146

IMG_1147

It is a completely different scarf. whaaaaaaat.
When the time comes to block my Triinu scarf, I cannot even comprehend how huge that will get. yeesh!

1 comment: